Saturday, October 06, 2007

Smile away the miles...

I was just talking to someone who was feeling very sad and lonely, being far from her loved ones. As I was trying to cheer her up a bit- I was thinking to myself- anything that I say will be easier said than done. I know I have felt lonely at times. And in all those times- I learnt that memories are powerful. So I cannot let them make me weak- I have to make them my strength instead.

We associate love with people, places, things. Which is why distance troubles us. The heart never sees distance- it is the mind which puts in the miles between two hearts... :)

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Amita said...

Thanks Priyanka :)

I quote a line from one of my favorite writers:

"Can miles truly separate you from friends... If you want to be with someone you love, aren't you already there?"
- Richard Bach

Well... it is good in a way to long for something, someone. The patience ... always pays :)

5:01 PM  
Blogger Priyanka M said...

You're welcome Amita. And that's a beautiful line- I read it on your blog post too. Very nice.

Haha.. :P Longing and/or patience being good and always paying is very subjective..

Longing for someone/something is fine in some amount. So as they say- extreme of anything hurts- and that's true for longing and patience too. Patience does not work with people who are immune to compassion (yeah I know how it sounds- but there *are* people like that :) ). Such people need a dose of impatience every now and then- else they just take all things and all longing etc. for granted :D

I wish that you never meet any of these weirdos ever though... God bless you! :)

12:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home