Saturday, September 08, 2007

Teachings of Life


5th Sept was celebrated as Teachers Day all over India. It reminded me of my school and college days when I used to make cards for all my teachers.

This Teacher's Day I thought of all those teachers who created a permanent impression on me. And a huge string of names started tumbling down from memory. I guess I cannot put down the whole list here. All the names that came to my mind included teachers starting from my pre-nursery to final year of engineering, family, my seniors in college and colleagues at my workplace. I was thinking to myself- wow- I have learnt so much from so many people. And suddenly I thought- so who is my favorite teacher of all..? And the answer was immediate and unanimous.

Life

It has given me experiences which taught me more than a hundred books. It has thrown up questions which I struggled through- but when I went past them- the satisfaction that I felt was better than any rank prizes or medals. It has taught me important lessons in faith and courage that no amount of logical reasoning could have explained or put forth. And the best part is- this teacher does not stop teaching me as I change places or positions or phases. It always has something or the other to teach me through everything that it brings with itself.

Happy Teachers Day!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Vishal... said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:24 AM  
Blogger Vishal... said...

its thanks.... ( thz if mistakenly understood as thats'...lol it cud make a lot of difference)

thx again.

8:25 AM  
Blogger Priyanka M said...

Vishal, thanks for your words of praise. :)

10:16 PM  
Blogger Vishal... said...

hey sry to remove dat post.. but dint wanted ne1 to searh my blog n read it, unless i ask them too.. thts y... sorry ya.. tc...

yea u can though...

1:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home