Sunday, July 01, 2007

Picture perfect

Many people rely a lot on photographs to keep memories alive- some people go a step ahead and display all of them too. I personally know a few people whose houses look like photo galleries- photos every where- on walls, table tops, refridgerators doors and so on. Photo frame makers earn their bread and butter thanks to all these wonderful folks.

I don't mean to sound sarcastic. I am myself a photograph person- I love clicking pictures and my Sony cam is my constant companion wherever I go- so much so that my colleaugues have christened me the "official photographer" of our team.

But I still feel that the most special memories are the ones which are in us... No video- no photograph- no written account- nothing. Just a memory inside us. All the best moments in my life till now have, for different reasons, no photographs to remind me of them. And yet each of those moments is still fresh in my heart.

The time when my sister was born and she smiled at me...
The time when I flew off a hundred rupee note making an aeroplane out of it- at the time a hundred was a lot of money- and I was expecting mom to shout and as she loooked at my scared innocent face- she just hugged me...
The time when my dog died and I went into the graveyard behind our house at 11 o'clock at night because I was missing him...

And so many more... I don't have any pictures to display for these moments. In fact- the words that I used to mention them above don't even express a small percentage of what those moments were actually like.

"Don't let the memory lose its soul by putting it in physical frames... "

Amen...

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger ओहित म्हणे said...

ha ha ... not sure what to write ... definitely not in mood of arguing... but yeah ... true ... pictures remind you of all the memories but then it happens only when you see them! but things that are in your heart ... come out anytime.

Nagame hai
Shikave hai
Kisse hai
baate hai
baate bhul jaati hai
yaade yaad ati hai

ye yaade ... kisi ... dil-o-janam ke chale jaane ke baad ati hai!

(God Bless Bollywood)

8:45 PM  
Blogger Priyanka M said...

There speaks the playwright... :D

And yeah- God bless Bollywood! :P

9:40 PM  
Blogger balpeck said...

khambkhat dil ko darr laga rahta hai, ki kahin yeh yaadash kisi din dohka de jaye, toh kahin yeh zindagi ka na koi matlab rahega, nah koi nishani...
ashes to ashes, dust to dust it truly will be...

12:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home