Saturday, May 13, 2006

Flying high



Spread your wings and reach beyond the boundaries.

Limit yourself to nothing, strive for all.
For in that reaching,
You just might find that you have grasped;
All that will bring you happiness and completion.
- S. W. Murphy



When I passed out 12th std, my uncle gifted me a small frame with a picture of a soaring eagle, and a message on it- "You cannot know how high you can fly till you spread your wings". I liked the picture a lot and I put it on my study desk. It has inspired confidence in me in some difficult times as I made my way through four years of engineering.

I left that frame on my desk back at home when I started working in Pune. But the frame and its message have not left me ever. There have been times when I have been wary of doing some things- but once I started with the task- I realized how naturally it came to me and that it was not as difficult or impossible as it initially seemed to be. All I needed to do was spread my wings and I realized that I could indeed fly!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home