Friday, November 09, 2007

The Key

I have a teacher, now more of a friend and guide, who has a simple philosophy he follows- trust people by default. There's a chance that your trust will be broken- but if it isn't broken- you've won that trust for a lifetime.

And over these years- I have tried to follow this rule as much as I could. And after the initial skepticism- I have realized that people are only as bad as we make them out to be.

I am not advocating that we keep our doors open and give an open invitation for someone to come and harm us or our house. No. That would be totally impractical. But hostility and suspicion need to be in control. In this world- when people don't trust even family and friends- trust is becoming more of a noun than a verb. We talk about it, write about it, debate about it- and finally forget about it. Do we really apply it?!

Yeah well- in my own ways- I know I do. And I won't deny that my trust has been broken- it has ( and I also admit that I have shouted and cried when that has happened :P). But that does not make me believe that everyone I meet will break my trust. I still believe that there are more good people in this world. And the rest aren't really bad- just disillusioned.. :)

It wouldn't hurt to remember that the best and most precious things in life are the ones which require you to trust- without any receipt that entitles you file a lawsuit if you do not get any returns on your trust. Because the best and most precious things in life are never about returns.

Trust is the key to most doors- open 'em now... :)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home